Experienced Environment/Level Artist
Night School Studio is an independent game developer known for player-driven narratives that combine wonder, danger, and humor. We’re building visionary worlds and pushing the boundaries of storytelling. Night School Studio is seeking a Experienced Environment/Level Artist with a strong sensibility for art and design. An environment/level artist that has a strong eye for visual composition and broad experience in the creation of 3D environments.
Your responsibility will be in designing, blocking out, modeling locations for 3d. You will be the bridge between concept art and design. You will work in coordination with the other designers and artists on the team.
Desired Skills – Great communication skills and the ability to work in Los Angeles a plus, but not a necessity. Worldbuilding in Unity engine, level layout exteriors and interiors, terrain sculpting, white boxing, and set dressing using 3D assets to produce believable locations within a 3d environment. Collaborating with writers, artists, and designers to support level design and construction.
Experience with lighting environments, lightmaps, global illumination, optimization a plus. Software skill in Unity Engine. Pro Builder, Substance Designer, Photoshop, Maya, PerForce.
3D Prop Artist (Contract)
Our art team is looking for a talented 3D Prop Artist to help create visuals that will define our unannounced game. You will be working closely with the project 3D Art Lead as we translate concept art into in-game models and scenes. This is a contract position. Applicants are required to submit a resume and portfolio of work (link or PDF). Qualified applicants may be asked to complete an art test.
- Available for at least 3 months, remotely
- Receptive to critique and feedback
- Experience working in an iterative environment
- Self-motivated and communicative
- Can work at a consistent pace
- Fluent in English
Responsibilities will include:
- Modeling assets in designated art style
Skills & requirements:
- Experience in prop asset modeling
- Skilled at translating loose 2D concepts and reference to a final asset that meets art style requirements
- Experience in creating and delivering high quality assets in professional setting
- Strong understanding of shape language
- Proficiency working in the following (or equivalent 3D modeling/texture software): Maya, Zbrush, and Substance Painter/Designer
- Proficient in creating PBR textures and materials with an eye for stylization
- Experience working in Unity
- Experience creating hand-painted textures
- Strong organizational skills and familiarity with task-tracking software